Monday, February 24, 2014

Finding the Energy

Dear Ellie,

It was a long day at work and I finished at 10:00 P.M.  My feet hurt and my vision is a little bit blurred, but it doesn't make sense to go to bed yet.  Not until I've seen my girl.  Being tired isn't a good excuse for missing the things that are important to you.  If you have a purpose, the energy will be there when you need it.  Even before you were born, even before I was an adult, I told myself that I'd always have the energy for you.  I'd tap into some reserve of vitality so that I could read you a bedtime story or carry you home or sneak into your room and kiss your forehead, even if you never awoke and saw that I was there.

I can't promise you, though, that my letters to you will be as lyrical at a late hour like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment